Marketing/Communications Officer, Dance
June 22, 2012
SCHEDULE: Full-time term (one year)
HOURS: 35 hours per week
ANNUAL SALARY: $62,900 to $83,800
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Marketing Department of the National Arts Centre is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated invidual to join its team. As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will be responsible for planning and implementing a strategic marketing and communications plan for NAC Dance programming and initiatives. These efforts are aimed at building audiences, achieving attendance and revenue goals and increasing NAC Dance’s local, national and international visibility. You will also be responsible for all communication materials and iniatives for Dance with a focus on media relations, public relations and communications. In your day-to-day work, you will work closely with a Marketing Coordinator and members of the Dance Department and report into the Associate Director of Marketing. You will also work with other Marketing Department staff on cross-disciplinary projects.
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in a marketing and communications role;
- Strong knowledge of the performing arts in general and dance in particular;
- Experience in the following areas: strategic planning, integrated communications, digital marketing, social media, CRM, market research, business analysis, working with an agency, telemarketing campaigns;
- Experience planning, running and monitoring single ticket and subscription campaigns;
- Direct experience working with journalists and the media, both regionally and nationally;
- Superior communications skills, particularly, but not exclusively, in a written capacity (both writing and editing), including ability to create house programs, press releases, web and social media tactics;
- Solid knowledge of the marketing/communications environment in the National Capital Region;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to manage the demands of multiple stakeholders;
- Astute ability to prioritize, with efficient decision-making and willingness to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Equally comfortable in a leadership or team player role with a good sense of humour;
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages.
Please note that we do not accept resumes submitted via mail, in person or facsimile. Only cover letters and resumes received via our online application tool will be accepted.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Potential candidates must possess the minimum qualifications as identified in order to qualify for an interview.